This weeks guest blog comes from my good friend Alice Jackson who owns Madson Interim Solutions, the award winning specialists in outsourced Business solutions for entrepreneur’s.
You’ve set yourself and your business some huge goals for the year and to achieve them you’re going to want a real handle on your time and how you spend it. So I thought I’d share with you this really easy to implement 3 step plan to help you conquer email this year. It will save you time, help keep you inbox free of distractions and with allow you to concentrate on the things that really matter in 2015, your goals!
Have a set time or times for dealing with your emails each day, for example, you could check it at lunchtime and 5pm, you choose the best time/s for you and your business. Once you’ve checked your email at the allocated time, you have to switch it off.
For each email you read you need to ask yourself:
- Do I need to take any action?
- Can somebody else deal with this query for me?
- What action needs to take and by when?
- Do I really need to be reading this email now, or can it be read at a more convenient time. If it’s a newsletter or informative article you can set up a rule so that these emails will automatically deliver themselves to a folder in your inbox. Then you can read them outside of your core work time.
- Does this email have any value to me, my business or my customers? If the answer is no, you need to unsubscribe yourself from the email straight away.
This one is controversial, but life changing! Stop receiving emails to your mobile telephone.
So that’s it! Your email conquered in 3 easy steps. Implement it right now and at the end of the month review how your inbox looks. You’ll be surprised at how quick and easy it is to make positive changes that have a huge impact to your productivity.
If you find you’re still struggling to find the time to manage your emails even after you’ve implemented the 3 steps above it’s time to have someone manage your email for you. In fact, you’ll wonder why you didn’t do it sooner!
To find out how easy it is to have your emails managed for you just give Alice a call on 0161 498 8516 or email